Planes, Trains & Anchovies
Welcome to Chris & Eddie’s weird Blog. It’s food, it’s travel, it’s recipes, it’s music, it’s parties at home, it’s tips for entertaining and restaurants to check out, it’s basically the mad jumble our lives tend to be. It’s not about amassing followers or making money, we just want to share our experiences with our friends and their friends and people who might become friends.
Pictures from our travels
The two of us in Kyoto in Autumn, the Bar Awards in Singapore, were we did a pop-up with our barmen, on the canals in Kerala, in Barcelona with Albert Adria and Amin, our executive chef in Barcelona and a view of a small yakitori kitchen in Tokyo.
Latest from the Blog
You may not think of me as an Asian Home Cook, but I do some (just some) Asian dishes reasonably well. They are mostly things I absolutely love to eat myself and this is one of my all time favourites. It’s not something you will find in restaurants, so you have to make it yourself,…
A great roast is one of life’s reliable pleasures and yet, a lot of home cooks are apprehensive about undertaking it. So here is how you can achieve perfection without freaking out too much. Start with the obvious; a good piece of meat. It doesn’t need to be the most expensive and if I was…
This is a wonderful vegetarian dish and I say that as an incorrigible meat eater. To me a great vegetarian dish is one that you eat and never notice that it’s vegetarian. And that’s not because I think that vegetarian dishes are in any way lacking. I think we should not approach any dish asking…
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
And here’s a list of what you have missed so far:
- Steamed Pork Belly with Salted Fish & Black Beans
- Roast Beef, Burnt Vegetables & Roast Potatoes
- Braised Egg Noodles with Mushrooms
- Spanish Eggs
- A Better Butter
- Lamb Tagine with Green Olives and Preserved Lemon
- Chow Siew Yoke – of Pork & Party
- Pita Bread
- Moroccan Flat Bread – Khobz
- Cacao Cake with Ganache Icing
- Cold Silken Tofu with Crisp Shallots, Garlic & Spring Onion
- Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- My Very Own Spicy Fried Noodles
- A Cheese Soufflé for the Lazy Cook